Planning your next holidays to Greece? Here are 10 easy tips on how to survive them.
1. Learn a few basic phrases in Greek: Knowing a few basic Greek phrases will help you navigate and communicate with locals more easily.
2. Pack appropriately: Greece can be quite hot during the summer, so pack lightweight and breathable clothing, and don't forget your sunscreen and sunglasses.
3. Be prepared for the weather: The Greek islands can be quite windy, so be prepared for strong winds and bring a light sweater or jacket.
4. Carry cash: Many places in Greece, especially on the islands, may not accept credit or debit cards, so it's always a good idea to have cash on hand.
5. Be mindful of the time: Greece is a country that is quite laid-back, and many places may close early or take long lunch breaks, so it's best to be aware of the time and plan your day accordingly.
6. Respect the culture: Greece is a country with a rich history and culture, so be respectful of local customs and traditions.
7. Try the local cuisine: Greece is famous for its delicious food, so be sure to try as many local dishes as you can!
8. Be prepared for the crowds: Greece is a popular tourist destination, so be prepared for crowds at popular tourist sites, such as the Acropolis in Athens.
9. Take a guided tour: A guided tour can be a great way to learn more about the history and culture of Greece and to see the most popular tourist sites.
10. Relax and enjoy: Greece is a country that is meant to be enjoyed, so take the time to relax and enjoy the beautiful beaches, the delicious food, and the friendly locals.